22 - 23 June 2023
The 26th International Meeting of Mine Action National Directors and United Nations Advisers (NDM-UN26), co-hosted and co-organized by the United Nations Inter-Agency Coordination Group on Mine Action (IACG-MA) and the Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian Demining (GICHD), took place on 22 and 23 June 2023 in Geneva with the generous support of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs.
The meeting was in-person only at the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) following the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention Intersessional Meetings (19-21 June 2023).
Download the full programme with short plenary descriptions in PDF form.
Audio recordings of the meeting are available in the six official languages here.
Download the logistics note here.
Plenary Session 1 - Mine Action Enabling Durable Solutions for Displaced Persons
Plenary Session 2 - Mine Action, Climate and the Environment
- Ms. Kristin Holme Obrestad, Senior Advisor Climate and Environment, NPA, on behalf of the Environmental Issues in Mine Action (EIMA) Working Group
Plenary Session 4 - Fulfilling the Rights of Survivors, from immediate Responsive Care to an independent, Dignified Life
- Ms. Stacey Pizzino, School of Public Health, University of Queensland
- Dr. Hannah Wild, General Surgery Resident, University of Washington
Plenary Session 5 - Innovation in Mine Action Cannot Wait
- Ms. Fatima Nana Mamman Daura, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, National Humanitarian Action Committee, Nigeria
- Ms. Caroline Masboungi, Gender-Based Violence Specialist, Technology and Innovations, UNICEF
- Mr. Amir Omeragic, Director, Peace and Security Cluster, UNOPS
Watch the press conference on the eve of the NDM-UN26 at UNOG on 21 June here.
To see the full report, click here.
Access the video recordings of the meeting here.