The 24th International Meeting of Mine Action National Directors and United Nations Advisers (NDM-UN) was held from 25 to 27 May 2021. UNMAS would like to thank the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany for the generous contribution making this event possible.
The meeting, held entirely online due to COVID-19, provided an opportunity for the mine action community to reconnect, share knowledge and enhance the collective capacity to address old and new challenges under the overarching theme of “Perseverance, Partnership, Progress”. Simultaneous interpretation in the six UN official languages was available for all plenaries.
About 1,200 people from over 105 countries and territories attended the event. To read the full recap report, click here.
To see the full report, click here.
To see full playlist, click icon in upper-right-hand corner of window below:
and select your desired video from the list.
Statements from the Floor
The following statements were offered to be delivered from the floor:
- Statement of the Republic of Croatia
- Statement of the Republic of Serbia
- Statement of Spain
- Statement of The Syrian Arab Republic
- Statement on behalf of the Gender and Diversity Working Group (GDWG)
20 booths were exhibited at the 24th NDM-UN. Visit the booths in their permanent home here.
Download the full programme of events here.
- Plenary I: Staying the Course: Mine Action Financing in Times of Scarcity
- Plenary II: Novel Approaches in Mine Action
- Plenary III: Community Engagement Matters
- Plenary IV: Localizing Mine Action: How to Improve
- Plenary V: Capacity Development: Opportunities and Impact
- Plenary VI: Inclusion and Diversity: Racial Equity in Mine Action
The 24th NDM-UN was held on a digital platform called Hopin. See guidance documents below.